Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Today it started out 50 degrees, and now it is 10 degrees! Ethan and I went to town to get the laundry detergent and milk. Kate was just getting off work, so she walked around with us in the store. My daughter, Jen, sent me her latest blog entry. She has a website, www.whoisjen.com and apparently she wrote me a note. She's a sweetie. Today was mom's "double dip" day, in her "double dip" week. Once a month, two churches have senior luncheons. FBC Festus-Crystal City has theirs on the second Monday of the month, and FBC Herky has theirs on the second Wednesday of the month. So, this week, she has two senior luncheons!! And last month, she went to the senior luncheon at Herky church from 12-1, then hurried over to FBC Festus Crystal City for her Wednesday Bible Study lead by Bob Vittoe. Not today. She said, I just saw the people at FBC Festus, so I just stayed and enjoyed the fellowship with the people at Herky. I was teasing her because she was so cooped up in her house for so long, and now all of a sudden, all this running around, getting out every other day. Right quick, she came back with, "I got out yesterday too!" I said, really, where did you go yesterday? She laughed and said, I got outside, walked all the way down to my mailbox and back! I said, MOM, unless you talk to someone other than me, it doesn't count!! We both enjoyed a good laugh. It is sooo good to hear her teasing and laughing again. I got a card in the mail today, from my mother's Cousin Bill. He had been going through some old photos at his mom and dad's, and found one small black and white photo of two small children. A small boy that looks to be about 18 months old and a small blonde headed girl that looks to be about 4. It had written on the back, Alice Ann and Shorty. That would be my mom and her brother! I can't wait to show my mom! I think before I give it to her, though, I will take it to Wal-mart and try and make several copies of it for my siblings. Thank you Cousin Bill!!! It is a priceless gift. Thank you so much. In the cancer walk, I still have my hair, and it is not even thinning yet. We are nearing my second treatment date, which I don't mind telling you, gives me a slight anxious feeling. It is just the fear of the unknown, I know this. I don't know if it will get progressively worse with each treatment, or be the same as the last treatment. Or will it get easier?? Once I have 2 or 3 treatments under my belt, I will relax I guess, because I will know what to expect. I did leave a message on my oncologists voice mail today, with a couple questions. Hopefully, they will call me tomorrow and I can run a couple things by them. My next treatment is a week from today. My how time flies..........

No comments: