Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Today, I actually got up, showered, put make-up on, curled my hair and put on jeans!! Yea, I am willing to admit, although my routine the past few days are not acceptable to many, it has been "easy". Wake up, take off pj's and put on sweats!! Woohoo!! Yea, no make up, no curl to the hair. Keith actually said one day I looked as if I was trying for the "Rod Stewart Hairday". Maybe that was because I took a shower the night before, then went to bed, and yea, my hair was on the spikey side, teehee. I did get up!! I felt like the cartoon I have on my computer desk, "Hey, I am up and at the keyboard, what more do you want!?" I have been keeping things moving here at home, school, laundry, cleaning, etc. I love to delegate, and yes, they will do it, when asked to do it. Nevermind, that I ask with a sterness and threat in my voice.

Today, I am actually packed and getting ready to go up and spend the next couple days with my mom!! A dear friend of ours passed away Tuesday night, in Portageville, MO. So, the plan is that I am going to mom's this afternoon sometime and spend the afternoon sitting around watching TV with her. Then in the morning, we will get up, eat breakfast, and drive down to P'ville for the funeral tomorrow. I am actually excited to get out of the house!! I am grateful that Mr. Fred held on as long as he did, so that I could regain my strength to take mom down there to be with her friends. My childhood girlfriend, Pam Essary, will be bringing her mom and dad, Tom and Martha Barnes, in from Little Rock as well. It will be good to see so many dear old friends, all in one spot. I hate that funerals have a way of doing that, but they do. It's kind of like the silver lining to the dark cloud. In the midst of sadness and grief, you have support of friends that have been friends since childhood. We have all walked very different paths since leaving P'ville, but when we all get together, it is as though we have never parted. I talked to Stan, Fred's son, Sunday night, and his voice still sounds like Stan!! I am sure he will look way different, as do I, but I can't wait to see all these people. The service will be at the church my daddy was pastor for so many years. I moved to P'ville when in the 6th grade, and left P'ville about 2 years after I graduated. I worked there after high school, at the Delta Center, outside of town. I was a lab tech, at an agriculture testing facility!! Yea, yea, wore a white lab coat and all!! Mr and Mrs Harmon still live in the same house they lived in when I lived there!! The small farming community has not changed much in 30 years. I can still find my way around with ease!

Pray for us, mom and I both. Mom, that this is not too emotional for her. Me, for the strength to do what needs to be done. We should return home Thursday evening sometime. We are packing a bag, just in case we are invited to stay. Mom says, we will probably come home, but lets be prepared. LOL! Either way, I am looking forward to spending some quality time with my mom. She has been having such a hard time with this whole thing, that she needs to see me, touch me, know in her mind that I am not on my deathbed!! So, I am looking all spiffy!! The picture of health!! I wish I had that cute outfit that Kell dressed me in for the Fox Theatre and the Rockettes! Jen said I looked "Hot!" Of course, those were Kell's clothes. I don't really have any hot clothes anymore, teehee. Although, this turtle neck sweater is starting to get hot. I think I'll go change...........

No comments: