Thursday, March 12, 2009

So, how was your day today? I am tired. I had a good day, got a whole lot of stuff checked off of my list. That is always a good feeling at the end of the day. Lately I have been pondering the whole sad sad outlook on life that everybody seems to be pushing these days. It is down right aggravating when Christians get sucked into that mentality. Seriously, we represent Christ!! If we of all people don't have a different outlook, a different "hope", then something is wrong. People should be drawn to Christ and want what we have based on the difference they see in our attitude!! I don't understand how people who don't know Christ can get through this life without falling into depression. It is truly relaxing to me to know that God is in control. I don't need to worry about next weeks weather, or next weeks bills. I am not in "management", teehee, I am just in sales!! As I put one foot in front of the other, and walk this path, one day at a time, I have to constantly be on guard to ward off the devil who is constantly, walking to and fro, looking and seeking whom he might devour. What that really means, is that I will not let myself get sucked into the woe is me mentality! Life is not fair. Life is hard. So? I get really tired of hearing good Godly people, let themselves get sucked into "life", and get down on their circumstances. The Bible is full of people who had truly hard circumstances. Way worse than anything any of us have to deal with on a daily basis, yet they stayed focused on the One that could bring them through it with a better attitude than the next guy. Anytime you feel like your life sucks big time, stop by and visit a nursing home, or a hospital. I hate to keep harping on this, but you can truly make a difference in your mindset if you would accept the challenge of getting involved in a Bible Study! I mean a real Bible Study, with homework! I mean, think about it. How do you know if your kids are actually learning their school work? How do you know if they are actually able to apply what they are learning? They actually take pencil and paper and write something down?? Daily? That's called accountability. Look back in your life, and see if there is a time when you felt like you were actually making progress in your Christian walk, if what you were doing in your life made a difference for Christ. I mean, you should be able to ask yourself every morning, or every night, what did I do today that made a difference, because I was a Christian. Do I do anything different? Am I like everybody else in my daily activities? Am I making a difference for Christ? Do my kids see me living for Christ? Am I building up my husband? Do I actually make an effort to make him feel important in my life? Because, as Godly women, that is our calling. To build up our husbands, and make them feel loved and special is mandated by God. But in today's society, you won't find many people, many women who are willing to step out of the box, out of their comfort zone, and actually do hard things. If it makes them uncomfortable, forget it. They just are not going to commit to it. It's funny how so many will say they don't have time for this, or they don't have time for that, yet will make time for those things that don't matter at all in the grand scheme of things. Of course, this brings me back to re-evaluating the things in your life. When you are in the middle of a crisis, it seems that decisions can be made, maybe emotional ones, but still, people are quick to say "If I only knew, I would do this", or I would do that. Well, folks, we should be making those decisions anyway, right? I mean, if they are important enough at that moment, they are important! But, let the emotions fade, the crisis work out, fade into life, and the next thing you know, we are doing the same old same old. In the meantime, life is clicking away. We are wasting the precious moments in our life. What we are giving all our attention to, all our energies to, in the end, will be what validates our life. Let's all be challenged to make better choices, and make sure that what we are giving our energies to, is what really matters in the end. It's not about money. It's not about things. It's about relationships. Let's all, as Christians, challenge ourselves to make some body's life better, because we can. In the name of Christ! They are making a commercial now, that shows people helping each other, warning each other when something is about to happen. It ends with them saying when people do it, it is called character. When companies do it, it's called......(name of company). Make an effort to actually spend time with someone, have coffee, have pie! Build a relationship! Face to face relationships! We are people, and we need physical relationships, emotional relationships, and yes, spiritual relationships. Let's all make a conscious effort to listen to Christian music, Christian radio, get involved in a Bible Study that offers accountability to other Christians, one on one. Let's refuse to fall through the cracks at our churches, where no one is going to notice if we are not there, or worse, care if we are not there! God has created each of us with unique spiritual gifts. And I believe he places us in a particular church, because that church needs our spiritual gift. Are we using our gifts? Are we offering our gifts? Or, are we attending, anonymously, so we can fulfil our "duty". Are we involved in our congregation? Are we getting the support we need so that we can face this ungodly world feeling stronger because we have the support system of our fellow Christians at our local church? The Bible speaks of the ember that burns out when it is removed from the fire. There are way too many luke warm Christians out there. People are not willing to make a difference. People are just existing. Remember, choose JOY!!!! Make a definite, intentional choice to make a difference for Christ. Let the world know there is something different about you. You have hope! You have joy! You have Christ! And then be willing to share what it is that gives you that "edge". But, folks, lets give them something they would want!! Because, seriously, if we are not living it, showing it, we are failing Christ. Do they want what we have?? Then change that. If God can't make us happy, how can we tell others He can make them happy? How can we tell others how God can change their lives, if they are not seeing it happen in ours?

No comments: