Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hello there folks! I am finally getting to sit up a bit more everyday. Today, I have spent most of the day downstairs. On the couch, but still, NOT IN THE BED!! My daughter, Jenna, was home for the weekend, along with her roomie's daughter, Jill. Jill is 10, and so is my daughter Kim, so they get along great, and Jill is no trouble at all. Kelly was here most of the day as well. We had worked on her resume Friday, and emailed it out to a couple sites on Craigslist. She got a hit on one, and she has an interview tomorrow!! So, folks, pray that the interview goes well, and Kell lands this job. It is working for an AT&T store in Manchester. She is good at that, and makes good money working for them, and it is full time, which is what she needs.

When I talked to mom last nite, she mentioned she wanted to drive to House Springs to go to church. I talked to her this morning, and she was backing out, so I didn't push it. I have learned not to push if she is not comfortable. I just encouraged her to get out of the house today and go to church, anywhere!! This evening, when I called her, I asked her where she went to church today. Her response was, "I drove over to House Springs, and back home, all by myself!! And not only that, I went to lunch at the bbq place your daddy and I used to go to with the Doria's!!" I said, "So you have had a good day!?" She said, "A very good day!" I love to hear mom so up beat. I got a call from her friend Mrs. Thelma yesterday. She is putting together another road trip for her and mom. She was calling to check my schedule for chemo, to see if it was doable. We are trying to get the details worked out to take mom and Thelma down to Little Rock the first week of March. I'll let you know if I can get it all worked out. My next treatment is March 4th. So, it is going to take some maneuvering. But, this week, I am still working on getting my energy back. I am not having any nausea, but this weakness is just annoying. But, this too shall pass..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better!