Monday, February 9, 2009

Hello people! Let me start out by thanking my friends that are stepping up to the plate to help me with my mom. Thanks Terry, for calling mom and inviting her to join you and Jim for dinner last week. And, thank you Paula for your continued willingness to take mom to lunch weekly. I do feel extremely blessed that my friends are "standing in the gap" for me. My daughter, Kelly, arrived back home Saturday. She has been living and working in Stephenville Texas. But, when she came home for Christmas, she made the decision to go back and give her notice and move back home. I tried to encourage her NOT to do that, I was going to be fine and besides, I had lots of help. She wouldn't hear any of it. She says she does not want to be 11 hours away while I am going through all this. She had a good job there, working for a Christian couple. They were very understanding about her decision and even encouraged her, if she changed her mind, that she could come back. They even tried to entice her to stay, by offering if anything happened with me, at any time, and she needed to fly back home quickly, they could pay for the plane ticket! They would get her home quickly, if she wanted to stay. I am grateful that she worked for such wonderful, understanding people. So, today, she is unemployed. We worked on her resume today, though, and she is making plans to go to St. Louis this week and put in her applications in a few places. Pray for her, as she attempts to find a job in this struggling economy, where jobs are hard to come by. For those of you that have forgotten, I go again for my third round of chemo this Wednesday, the 11th. I have had such a good week this week, and am not looking forward to Wednesday. I got to go to church yesterday!! I have been getting so many cards and letters from all my church family. All filled with something hand written, encouraging me and letting me know they are praying for me. My mom didn't get out and go to church yesterday. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shinning, so her reason for staying home and watching the TV preachers, was not the weather. But, it does help to set her days in order if she gets out on Sundays. She admits, that she counts backwards, when trying to decide what day it is, and does something like, "I went to church on Sunday, so this must be, let's see, Monday!" So, if she doesn't get out, she tends to lose track of her days of the week. There is nothing to set any one day apart from the other. I do still call her everyday, twice a day. She has joked, "that you need to call me everyday just to tell me what day it is!" So, yea, most days I call her and when she answers, I say, "Good morning, Mrs. Adams, today is Monday, do you have any plans for today?" This week is her "double dip" week. Two of the churches she has connections with, FBC-Festus and FBC-Herky, have senior luncheons once a month. They are both this week! Monday, today, was FBC-Festus. This Wednesday (my chemo day), will be FBC-Herky. She goes to Bible Study that Bob Vittoe teaches at FBC-Festus every Wednesday. But this week, because of the senior luncheon at Herky on Wednesday, she will skip the bible study, because she says it is too hectic, and she has to leave Herky before the luncheon is over, and hurry over to the bible study, and ends up being late for the bible study. So, she will just stay and fellowship with the Herky people this Wednesday. This morning, when I called her and asked her what her plans were for today, she informed me she was planning on going down to FBC-Festus to their senior luncheon! I didn't even have to remind her! (Thanks, Pam, for calling her to remind her!) Mom also told me that Janet Goodwin had called her and offered to take her to lunch this week, as well! So, between her luncheons at the churches, and Janet and Paula taking her out, she is going to have a full week this week!! Thanks girls!! Which is good, because this is going to be my week of "becoming one with the bed/couch". I will sleep alot, beginning Thursday. And, I will probably lose my voice, if the last two times are anything like this round. I am beginning to recognize the pattern. I sleep for a week, then I begin to get my strength back about the time I have no infection fighting white blood cells. That is when they tell me to stay home, and if I can't stay home, at least stay away from anyone that has been sick in the last two weeks, and stay away from crowds!! So, I miss two out of three Sundays. Today was another beautiful day, here in Missouri. We sat outside, and enjoyed the sunshine. My son, Nick, brought my grandson, Ruger, over and we all had a family day. When we all came back inside for lunch, we stayed inside after we cleaned up the mess, and did a little school. Today was a good day. I am trying to stay busy so I don't think/dread what I know is coming. As my daddy used to say, I am processing.........

No comments: